Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reinventing Oneself

Is it just me, or does everyone feel like a portion of their identity expires every once in a while, and needs to be refreshed?

Revisiting my old blog, I couldn't help but notice how much I just wanted to delete it and just start from scratch, so I did! Why did I do this, you ask? Well, first of all, that is an excellent question. Lately, I've been feeling that a good chunk of my being is defined by the work that I do. If you've been paying any attention at all, you'll know that what I do is design and develop web games. 

I wouldn't consider myself to be a hardcore developer. Some people would say that I am part of a disappearing breed of hybrid designer/developers. My programming skills are mostly self-taught, and being a lefty, programming isn't exactly something I'm supposed to prefer doing. But I do, and I actually enjoy it. It allows me to build almost anything that my crazy imagination can come up with. I may not be able to do it as well as other people, but dammit, I do it anyway.

Hi diddly ho, my fellow left-erino!


So there you have it. I created this blog for the purpose of chronicling my epic journey as a left-handed game developer, both professionally and personally. Hopefully I won't look back at it three years from now and say, "man, what is this crap?", and hit the delete button again. 

1 comment:

  1. Being the kind-hearted right-hand person that I am, I've decided to give this leftie a shot. Besides, how can you say no to Ned?

    ReplyDelete